Sunday, October 01, 2006

Thoughts and Reflections that Led Me Here

For the past year I have thought about counseling. I have a passion for people's hearts and I want to fight for them fiercely. So what to do with this desire? I feel like I've ran away from it for fear of trying something new. But recently I realized how much I let my fears drive me and to be honest, I'm just sick of it. Actually, it made me quite angry, but that's good. It takes courage to change when you know it's the right thing to do. God calls us to action, not passivity.

And so I find myself here, at this stage in my life, where I'm ready to stop waiting. I want to help teenagers through those rocky years of growing up and understanding who they really are, and a great place to do that is within the school system. I have done some research online for guidance counseling and my heart takes so much joy in thinking that my gifts will be used. It's an exciting discovery, and a scary one, as well. But if I just to continue to sit here, sitting on an old recliner I got for $25, typing away on a computer that I don't own, I'm not going to make it. I'm going to be a woman who never takes action after examining her own heart, and that's what kills the soul. I have learned so much in the past year alone about who I am as this woman and she's no longer the passive, weak girl who is too afraid to show passion or strength. I will fight for the things and the people in my life that matter, and I will not let my fears dictate my journey. I will be courageous and strong, and I will be God's Lovely, for He has named me so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home