Friday, September 08, 2006

New Car Smell--Perhaps It's Gas

So, check it. I just bought a 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible from my uncle about two weeks ago. It's a really nice car and makes for a fun ride, and I got a really good deal on it, too. I took it to Carbondale on Sunday and when we got ready to head out for a nice evening of convertible top-down driving, things went awry. I smelled gas. I saw a circle of what appeared to be gas. And wouldn't you know it...it was gas! My fuel pump module was broken, so therefore there was a gas leak. I finally picked up my car on Wednesday and it's back to normal, but the lingering smell of fuel exists. It's like that episode of "Seinfeld" where Jerry got his car fixed and the mechanic had a massive case of BO that stuck in the car. He finally ended up just leaving it on the street and, lol (I'm envisioning the scene in my head now) he throws the keys to a vagabond and then throws his hands in the air. Jerry walked away, the dude got into the vehicle and after about six seconds, noticed the BO and couldn't take it. We never did find out what actually happend to the car. Gas...it's the new BO.

1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger katie said...

Our family has lived the "Seinfeld" episode of which you write. It was back during Josh and Sarah's time in Band. Every morning when they would go get in the car on the way to band, they would be engulfed with the stench of BO. My parents tired everything, the car dealership where the stench came from tried everything. We eventually bought a new car. Have you tried Frebreeze?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home