Monday, August 28, 2006

Old Chicago--There I Came, There I Went

Two weekends ago, Wes took me to downtown Chicago to meet up with some friends of his. It's a city I had always wanted to visit, but just never got around to doing it. Man, am I glad Wes likes to travel and see cool places. We went up this ginormous building which for the life of me I can't remember the name of. I think it was the John Hancock building, but I feel like I only think it was that building because it reminds me of a quote from "Tommy Boy." Either way, as we traveled to the 96th floor in a luxurious elevator, I had to continually pop my ears. It was funny--I had never seen such a fancy elevetor before and there was this dude in there with us. I think I said "wow" softly because he chuckled. He was probably thinking I must not get out much. But as we looked out through that skyrise, it was an amazing discovery. The big city in front of me and all that was between me and Chicago was some glass. Pretty cool stuff. The night before we went to this big outdoor concert park where we listened to The Goo Goo Dolls and Counting Crows. Although the f-bomb was thrown around like crazy, both bands were really enjoyable. And the rain didn't stop us from having a good time. Wes was kind enough to use the tarp/blanket we were sitting on as a raincoat. He's a smart one ;). And a big shout out to Andrew and Jen. They were such a blast and we all had a great time. All in all, Chicago was such an awesome place and I was so thankful I got to experience it. I'd go back...yeah, definitely.

2 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger W. Wilson said...

Chi-town was definitely a great memory... thanks for helping make it into a most wonderful time! And yes, you would be most correct - it was the John Hancock building. Tommy Boy would definitely be very proud!

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Wes & Amanda said...

Your mom would be proud ;).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home