Monday, September 04, 2006

Traveling Down the Torn-Up Road

As my dad was driving me back from the airport where I had dropped off a rental car (story to come later), we started talking about all of the road construction in Evansville and Newburgh. For me, it's absolutely frustrating. Have we gotten so big and obssessed with business that we fix roads that don't need to be fixed? Or expand roads that don't need expasion? I was thinking about the recent construction on Lynch Road and Green River where some adwizard decided that we need bigger right-hand turn lanes. I thought, "I've never had to wait in a long line of cars due to the fact that the right-hand lane isn't big enough. And now I do have to wait in traffic because of lanes shut down." And my dad said that the city is thinking about expanding other roads. What the? Why mess with stuff that doesn't need to be messed with? I'm so tired of this worldly mindset of never having enough, or making work just to have work. This city...oh this city. It's wearing on me more and more. I'd like to move to a fictional town called Everwood, Colorado, where the roads are just fine the way they are and people actually take time to enjoy the great things in life.

3 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger W. Wilson said...

I'm running for mayor of Everwood... it's official!

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Wes & Amanda said...

Mayor Wes Wilson...it could work. I'll rally the peeps and perhaps you could take the victory. Just watch out for the crazies and the small town gossip!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger katie said...

So what's the rental car story?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home