Friday, September 15, 2006

When It Rains, It Pours

Early in June of this year, my sump pump failed twice which caused two "floods" in my basement. This week, it failed for the third time and although the amount of water was not as severe as the first two times, it was enough for me to decide to sell my house. It has been a blessing to me for the past three years or so and I have thanked God for it many times, but I know my heart wants a change. It's ready to move to a different city and have an adventure worth experiencing. But with a move most likely means a different job, so I have been thinking and praying about what it is I would like to take on next and quite honestly, I have no idea. I know that the timeline for life is not the same for each person, so me not knowing what to do with myself isn't uncommon at my age, but it is frustrating. So where to go and what to do are two questions I am facing and will continue to face during the upcoming months. But Fall is fastly approaching and I can't wait for the beauty of it all. I hope it will be an encouragement to me, as the changes in the season represent changes in my own life.

And I know I can take heart in knowing that God has redeemed my soul from the pit of emptiness. He is so much bigger than any job or city, and even if I'm feeling completely lost, I will be obedient and say, "Lord, you know my troubles and I call out to you for strength. You deserve my worship and my praise because you are still the same God. You haven't changed, even if my circumstances have." Don't be afraid, dear heart, to journey into the unknown. It is a place of mystery and intrigue. Let it captivate you.

Deuteronomy 33:12 "...Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home