Friday, June 02, 2006

So Many Gallons, I Lost Count

I spent the last 4 hours drawing approximately 120 gallons of water from my basement floor tonight. I lost count after my mom, using my dad's wet vac, emptied an undetermined amount of water from his appliance. The kicker? I just had my carpet cleaned by Stanley Steamer earlier today. It was so nice to see the carpet looking new and smelling fresh and deoderized. And then I came home to see that the water was ten times worse than it was the first time. I really do give up at this point. I think I might just put one of those kiddy pools down there and enjoy the water for summer.

2 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger katie said...

where, oh where, does they water come from?

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Wes & Amanda said...

From the sump pump that pretended to do its job. I had a "Flood Alert" box on attached to the pump, which so kindly indicates when the water has begun reaching high levels. However, when that "Flood Alert" box is turned off, it doesn't work. I know...it's crazy. But it's true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home