Friday, May 26, 2006

46 Gallons and Counting...

Upon returing home from my softball game last night, I found that the middle section of my basement was flooded. The carpet was not just wet, but water was actually standing atleast 1/2 ft above the carpet. And this is not clean water, folks. It came from the hole in the ground where my sump pump sits, pretending to do its job. I couldn't believe it. I got some small buckets to atleast collect some of the water, and then I just gave up. Overwhelmed is a word I am very familiar with these days. I had to run to Ace Hardware and fork out $45 for a Shop Vac, come home and assemble it, then begin the three hour job of getting 46 gallons of water out of my carpet. It's just a mess.

So, even before the flood, I've had a really strong desire to sell my house and move to a different state. I'm single, so nothing is keeping me from staying here except fear. I believe God has something much bigger for me than what I have currently. Something that, at this point, I'm not quite sure of, but I know He's calling me "somewhere" to do "something." I need to fill in the blanks, so I've been praying desperately that He give me some answers. I'm almost 27 and life has certainly not turned out the way I had planned. It hasn't even come close, so I think it's time I did something about it. I will keep you posted if I decide to change my geographical location. Just pray that I won't do it because I'm scared. Pray that I will do it because I've listened to my Father.

2 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow! I'm definately praying. I'd sure miss you if you left, but God has good plans... and besides...how's that go????

***sappy music begins***
And friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them...

*tears*

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger katie said...

Amanda,
did you see in the bulletin at church that they are looking for teachers in Hong Kong. It's the same program that I was on. Something to think about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home