Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Worship

This past weekend, Wes and I took some Junior High students to a youth conference in St. Louis. It was loud and music-driven, passionate and fun. Three great messages were given by a guy named Marco (Polo) who has worked with Jr. High students for like 25 years or something. There were skits that challenged you, moments of reflection that hopefully helped kids grow in their faith, and there was, by far, more worship through song than I've ever experienced.

And this whole weekend really reminded me why I'm running the race with Christ. I mean, I'm old enough to know why I believe the things I believe, and not just follow a "religion" in which my parents raised me. I have engaged in a faith that I know to be true. And what is so awesome is that, at the Jr. High age, kids are just now coming into their own faith. They are beginning to understand their beliefs and how it all fits together, and they are so unashamed of their worship. One of the 6th graders on the trip just humbled me completely. Her worhsip was so authentic and beautiful. There was no fear of what others thought, no showy intimacy. It was just her and God and it was beautiful. To see someone at her age truly engaging in the race that Hebrews mentions blows my mind. I'm beginning to love these kids and I can't wait to see their journeys unfold.

1 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger W. Wilson said...

Gorgeous... having you with me along in this journey of ministry is the most incredible feeling. I love sharing all of my faith and ministry with you and learning even more about God and about others through your love and faith. We have so many uncountable moments ahead in ministry that will just completely amaze us sweetheart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home